Monday, March 7, 2011

Blog #3 – HOW DO YOU LEARN

*Read this article: http://www.worldwidelearn.com/education-articles/how-do-you-learn.htm It is important for dancers to understand how they learn and process new movement. Read this article and take apart your learning style. Do you tend to migrate towards a side of the room? Do you learn better by analogy? By counts? By Left and Right? Discuss your learning style. It may be one the article doesn’t even discuss.


  I learn in many different ways, I think that I learn better by seeing and experiencing the movement. I usually tend to be in the front of the room when I begin class. Not only is it better for me to hear and see but I also like to do the movements while they are being taught so that I can understand. Of course it is a lot better to be away from any distractions so that you can focus on the teacher and what he/she is saying. I learn a lot better with movements if the teacher really explains where and how every movement needs to be done also, doing examples really helps me get it right away. I have always been the dancer to dance everything with counts, UNTIL I started dancing at HCC. It was always a lot easier to dance with the music because every count would be on a beat. Now I see that the music isn't what really matters or if you even need it. I learn everything better on my right side, maybe because I'm right-handed or because the right side of my body is stronger. I tend to be a lot more flexible and when I learn combinations its very hard for me to transform them to the left. I really like things that can challenge me because it pushes me to go further with my skills in dance. I am a very observant learner seeing is very helpful for me. I think that if you have full focus and motivation you can learn anything.








No comments:

Post a Comment