Friday, March 11, 2011

Blog #6 - CONCEPT

*Discuss one concept that you have learned over the past two weeks and apply to other dance movements. How is it similar to something else?

 One concept that I have learned is contraction and all the movements that go with it. Ive noticed that contracting in helps a lot when I am dancing. It is a lot easier to move around and utilize my space. Whenever head tail connection is needed in a combination contracting everything in really helps you make the connection. Using contraction in my stomach when I turn really helps me spin because I hold everything in and I bring everything up. Contracting in any way really helps me improve in my dancing. It also helps me be more put together and on top of my body. It also helps me a lot when I'm trying to do any type of jumping as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment