Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog #2 – ALIGNMENT –

Read this article: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1083/is_9_82/ai_n28091487/?tag=rel.res1 After reading, comment on how you will begin to apply these ideas to your technique. Discuss analogies, struggles, achievements etc.

   After reading this article I realize the simple mistakes that I have been making in my body that are not properly keeping me aligned. I actually got corrected today in ballet on how I really needed to pull in my stomach and let my torso rise. A lot of times when I'm concentrating hard I do not breathe a lot either which could be why I am so tense sometimes. I am going to really focus on not only breathing, but keeping my center and core aligned and on top of each other. I am going to make sure that when I plie and rise back up that I will keep everything together as well as up straight and lifted. Ive realized as well that sometimes I will grip my knees really hard when trying to concentrate on a move and I am going to try and prevent that, by not being so tense and concentrating on all parts of my body. I think that if i breathe into the body parts that are being worked and just relax that I will be able to develop and expand the movements better. Applying all of these ideas are definitely going to make me a better dancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment