Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blog #7– BODY CHECK IN

Where are you? How is your body? Mental and Physical health? Check in with yourself and discuss. How does this work towards/ against your technique?

In my state of mind I like to be as center and grounded as possible. My body right now is kind of sore, but stretching it as much as possible really helps me feel better. Mentally I feel as if I can progress more and work harder to make my body more in tuned with itself. Physically I feel like my body needs more of a challenge to further my skills and make me learn and do things that I haven't before. The more I think and push myself to do the movements the better I do them. For Example, when I learn a combination I make sure I go over it a lot, do the movements, say the movements and listen to the music it's being played too. I'm not sure if it's because I'm in left brain or not, but I'm more concentrated. It has begun to help me with my technique and make me a better dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment